METHODS USED FOR ORGANIC FARMING AT BFB
Our farming system promotes and enhances agro-ecosystem health, including biodiversity, biological cycles, and soil biological activity. It is designed to promote optimal use of water, higher soil biological activity and biodiversity. Our primary aim is to cultivate the land and raise crops in such a manner, so as to keep the soil alive and in good health. For that we use organic waste (crop, animal and farm wastes, aquatic wastes) and other biological materials and beneficial microbes (bio fertilizers) which release nutrients to the crops, translating into increased yield in an eco-friendly and pollution free environment – our 100% organic food products. The production cycle excludes synthetic chemical inputs as in:
o Genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
o Growth regulations
o Food additives
o Antibiotics in animal feed
- At the outset we ensure that organic seeds are used for production purposes.
- Methods of crop rotation are used to ensure maximization of yield.
- Organic alternatives like cow manure, neem kernel oil/neem oil, jeeva amrit, biofertilizers and herbal pesticides alongside bio manuring, green manuring and bio composting are our standard operating methods. We abstain completely from the usage of harmful chemicals and fertilizers.
OUR AIM IS FOUR FOLD
- Sharing best kept agro food secrets to the world.
- Encouraging farmers to practice ecological methods of farming in order to ensure that they receive their due share of profits
- Raising awareness about the undeniable Health benefits of organic food.
- Breaking the stigma of organic foods being expensive.